- Universal healthcare
- The Bush-era Tax Cuts rescinded
- More money to go into the Public School system,
- Free college tuition for all.
- An END to workfare.
- Welfare and unemployment assistance to be universal, based on the needs of the individual.
- The Military shrank, in terms of personnel, equipment, and budget.
- A universal ban on gifts given to elected officials.
- A universal ban on corporate lobbying.
- Women to be considered equal to men in all aspects of public, private, and work life.
- Civil rights to include protection for LGTB.
- A minimum wage that rises with the cost of living.
- Stiff fines and prison sentences for lobbyists who bribe elected officials
- And end to private prisons, and other contracting of government services.
- End all monopolies.
- End Religious tax exemptions.
- Laws fining and punishing news organizations and public relations media for promoting untrue, invented, or otherwise demonstrably false information as fact.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
I don't know about the rest of you liberal sons of bitches, but I actually WANT:
It's really simple, folks. The choice between voting for democrats and Republicans really is like this:
Vote for Republicans/Tea party/Libertarians if you believe:
- Women should not be equal to men in terms of Employment, should not have access to abortion, and should not make the same wages for the same job that a man does, even if they outperform men.
- White people of Anglo-Saxon descent should get preferential treatment over racial minorities.
- Gay people have no place in society.
- One group's "religious liberty" includes the right to discriminate, and deprive gays or other groups of employment, housing, access to government services.
- The taxes collected from you should not go to help anyone else that you don't know, don't care about, or hate.
- That America needs to be restored to a Christian nation, and that all aspects of society need to be run by biblical laws.
- That as many aspects of the government must be privatized for profit.
- That Profit is the only valid way to measure any person or program's success, and the only valid motivation for doing anything.
- That public school is a total failure, because teachers are all lazy and concerned only with their giant salaries, and our kids are all too stupid.
- That government and society should be all-inclusive; that no person can be denied a job, house, or government access on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexuality, handicapped status
- That women should be considered equal to men in terms of employment, government access, healthcare, and have access to abortion if that is their desire.
- That all persons in the USA are treated equally under the law, reguardless of age, sex, ethnic background, sexuality, handicapped status, veteran status, etc.
- No person or group has the liberty to deny the same access to jobs, housing, government access, for any reason.
- All citizens should get equal access to public education, and that the system should be fixed (because conservatives deliberately ruined it for selfish profit motives) to educate everyone to world-class standards.
- America is not an exclusively Christian nation, and we should allow people of all faiths to have equal access to employment, housing, and access to government.
- Profit is a poor motivator and a poor way of measuring success. Some things are worth more than their ability generate a profit, and sometimes, government needs to do things that are commercially unprofitable because the results benefit the people. Government is not a business, and should not be run for profit.